[Suggestion] Read Windows FTP/Internet shortcuts

Advertisement

Kenzeitak
Guest

[Suggestion] Read Windows FTP/Internet shortcuts

Greetings!

Windows .URL files which Internet Explorer and Mozilla creates use a simple XML/INI like file structure that are easy to open.

Heres an example: mylink.url
[InternetShortcut]
URL=ftp://username:password@ftp.host.net/
Modified=60B4FE785E44C501F2
IconIndex=47
IconFile=C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll

Its not any good security but since many windows applications use this file syntax i would like to see it implemented!

Keep up the good work, this FTP client is great! :wink:

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Kenzeitak
Guest

I use about 50 different shortcuts... Its a time saver for those who have used windows built in FTP. Not that its recommended but it works somewhat.

Keep up the good work!
Regards

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Kenzeitak wrote:

I use about 50 different shortcuts... Its a time saver for those who have used windows built in FTP. Not that its recommended but it works somewhat.
Sorry, I still do not understand what should WinSCP do with the shortcuts.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum