question about amazon s2 sftp

Advertisement

n2201
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
India

question about amazon s2 sftp

Friends, I am new so please excuse if this is too basic!
I want to copy files from my machine to my bucket on S3 Amazon using WinSCP
I followed the instructions completely as mentioned here: https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_amazon_s3_sftp

So my expectation was that if I do
cd /mnt/<my bucket>
I would see my currently uploaded file. Am I understanding it right? but I am seeing no files in this directory.

Is the mount done right? How do I verify?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: question about amazon s2 sftp

That's quite unclear.
Did you upload a file to S3 bucket using WinSCP (using S3 protocol)?
And then you have mounted the same S3 bucket to an AWS Linux server using s3fs?

Reply with quote

n2201
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
India

Re: question about amazon s2 sftp

Yes, I have a website with files loaded on S3 bucket.

Now using WinSCP is so convenient, it also can upload only the changed files.

So I followed the instruction, I was expecting to see the files I have already uploaded in the /mnt/<my bucket> folder. I don't see them

Reply with quote

n2201
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
India

Re: question about amazon s2 sftp

Yes, I have a website with files loaded on S3 bucket.
Now using WinSCP is so convenient, it also can upload only the changed files.
So I followed the instruction, I was expecting to see the files I have already uploaded in the /mnt/<my bucket> folder. I don't see them



martin wrote:

That's quite unclear.
Did you upload a file to S3 bucket using WinSCP (using S3 protocol)?
And then you have mounted the same S3 bucket to an AWS Linux server using s3fs?

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: question about amazon s2 sftp

If you follow the instructions on a fresh AWS instance, does it work? It does for me.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum