MGET functionality??

Advertisement

cnhodge
Joined:
Posts:
1

MGET functionality??

Newbie here...

I am trying to use WinSCP in an ActiveX script inside a SQL 2000 DTS package. I currently have the automation and scripting running successfully as a DTS job. The problem is that I do not see any functionality for an "mget" command. I need to grab all the files in a dir on a SFTP server every night for processing. These files will have names that are date/time stamped by the other party, so I will not always know the specific filenames.

I have read the FAQ and searched, but can't seem to find the answer. The FAQ shows the allowed commands but doesn't include "mget". I am wondering if I am just missing it somewhere.

If it isn't available now, will it be available in the future?

Thanks,

Nathan

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Klaus_1250
Guest

If you really need ALL the files, you could use "synchronize local" instead of mget. (had the same problem, now using "synchronize local").

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,038
Location:
Prague, Czechia

  1. Klaus is right
  2. You can also download whole directory, if it helps in your case. I.e. instead of "get /tmp/aaa/* c:\aaa" do "get /tmp/aaa c:\"
  3. I'll add wildcards to get command eventually.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Macpattos
Guest

Re: MGET functionality??

Hi, I have the same problem and I solve it doing a sinchorize and a mask including the wildcards i need.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum