Encryption of the password for CLI use

Advertisement

Individuum
Joined:
Posts:
1

Encryption of the password for CLI use

Hi,

I am currently using the CLI function to push files to a server with the following script:
@echo off
 
set server=server-ip
set user=user
set pass=password
 
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.com" /command "open sftp://%user%:%pass%@%server%/" "put -neweronly D:\VeeamBackup\Job\* /mnt/backup_user_001/" "exit"
Unfortunately, the logins are in plain text.
Is there a way to write the password in encrypted form, for example in the registry or in a text file, and to decrypt the entry when the script is executed and use it at the appropriate place in the script?

I have already read the article on "Using WinSCP scripting". However, the login details are still in plain text in the file.

How can I hide the plain text / encrypt the plain text?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Guest

Yes, I had already seen that.
However, the configuration file in which the login details are located must be somewhere and there are plain text details in it.

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Ok, then I do not understand your question. The article explains that what you ask for is technically not possible.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum